Monday, January 28, 2013

Geldof back with The Rats!


Yes, really.  At the Isle of Wight Festival on Sunday 16th June 2013.  Hopefully the weather will be better this year.

Bob Geldof says: "Playing again with The Rats and doing those great songs again will be exciting afresh. We were an amazing band and I just feel it's the right time to re-Rat, to go back to Boomtown for a visit.  Also, I’ve always fancied playing the Isle of Wight Festival ever since I hitched there in the good/bad days when I was a kid. I saw The Who, Doors (I think) Hendrix and Leonard Cohen, who incidentally blew Hendrix off the stage, and Kris Kristofferson, who was also amazing - God, so many cool bands. I also told several very boring frog anarchist types to go and fuck themselves and then stayed for a night in Hawkwind’s tent. That's pretty IOW. Maybe Hawkwind are playing again this year. Maybe I could use the tent again. It will be a privilege to be on that stage especially with a killer band like The Boomtown Rats."

http://www.isleofwightfestival.com/news/news/the-boomtown-rats-reform-and-play-sunday-227.aspx

No comments: